1. True. Interchangeable parts necessitated close conformance to manufacturing specifications and made inspection an important activity. This led to the creation of separate quality departments.
2. False. “Fitness for use” means that the product meets the needs of the customer.
4. False. SPC uses only simple mathematics.
1. True. Common causes of variation consist of all the minor variations in a production process that cannot be fully understood, predicted, or controlled individually. Taken together, we can measure them in aggregate. Special causes can be identified.
2. False. Common causes are usually beyond the control of the operator but are ...