BASIC CONCEPTS OF PROBABILITY
• Understand initial concepts and definitions associated with the basic concepts of probability
• Understand and apply the principles associated with marginal probabilities, joint probabilities, and conditional probabilities
• Understand the definition of and concepts associated with binomial probability
• Understand the definition of the Poisson distribution and how it is different from a binomial distribution
• Understand the definition of the normal distribution and how it differs from the Poisson and binomial distributions
All statistics are based on probability. Probability is just a formal way of referring to chance. If, for example, we were to flip a coin, we would know that there ...