Rule-based analysis of the log stream
Any reasonable log management system needs to be able to achieve the following:
- Filter logs that aren't important, and therefore should not be counted or stored. These often include log entries at the
DEBUG levels (yes, these exist in production systems).
- Analyze the log entry further and extract as much meaning and new fields as possible.
- Enhance/update the log entry prior to storage.
- Send notifications on when certain logs are received.
- Correlate log events to derive new meaning.
- Deal with changes in the log's structure and formatting.
This recipe integrates the JBoss Library and Drools into a bolt to make these goals easily achievable in a declarative and clear manner. Drools is an open source implementation ...