Essential reading for IT professionals with aspirations toward the top IT spot, and for sitting CIOs looking to refine their mobile, social and cloud strategies and knowledge
The definitive work on how to achieve leadership success in IT, Straight to the Top, Second Edition reveals how the role of the CIO is changing due to major trends associated with consumer and enterprise products and technologies driving new mobile solutions in today's organizations; cloud computing and the move away from controlled / internally managed data centers to pay as you use and elastic cloud infrastructure and application services; and the impact social media is having on today's complex organizations.
Author Gregory S. Smith expertly coaches existing and aspiring CIOs on building the requisite skills through his observations and experience as a veteran CIO with more than twenty-five years of experience leading IT teams and delivering complex technical solutions in the information technology field.
An invaluable guide to help information technology and business professionals recognize the qualities, skills, and expertise necessary to attain the role of a CIO or enhance the skills for sitting CIOs
Equips IT managers, CIOs, and CTOs to strategically plan their career moves
Packed with encouragement, advice, and essential skills for aspiring and sitting CIOs
Features interviews with leading IT professionals, CIOs, and executive recruiting professionals
Providing an organized and comprehensive view of the CIO job and its important role in modern organizations, Straight to the Top, Second Edition equips sitting CIOs and CIO candidates with the strategies and knowledge necessary to be successful in the new business normal - a mobile, social and cloud-based world, and how to provide technology leadership as a world-class CIO.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
Part One: Key Change Drivers and Trends Impacting the CIO Role Today
- Chapter 1: Why the Role of the CIO Continues to Change
- Chapter 2: Technologies and Trends Driving Today's IT Innovation
- Chapter 3: IT Standards and Governance and the Impact of Consumer Devices
- Chapter 4: Service Level Agreements
- Chapter 5: Today's CIO
Part Two: The Modern-Day CIO
- Chapter 6: What Executive Recruiters Are Looking for, from Consulting Experience to Leadership Skills
- Chapter 7: Cloud Computing Strategies and Risks
- Chapter 8: The Consumerization of IT
- Chapter 9: Social Media Changes Everything
- Chapter 10: What's after the CIO Role?
- About the Author
- Title: Straight to the Top: CIO Leadership in a Mobile, Social, and Cloud-based World, 2nd Edition
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118417461