MAKE YOURSELF A "YES" MAGNET
You've finally plucked up the courage to ask for something. The afternoon off. A pay rise. Then comes that crucial moment where you wait with baited breath for the response. It's tense, but it doesn't have to be. You just need to master the art of 'the ask'.
Taking a direct, light-hearted, wholly practical approach, Haider Imam zooms straight in on that moment of truth providing a set of proven tools and techniques for getting to 'yes,' every time. He instils readers with the confidence to ask bigger, more often and even ask for the impossible - and to get it.
Based on sound psychological principles, Straight To Yes! offers tonnes of winning ways to make requests that get you to 'yes'
Wholly practical in style and content, the book features accessible, straightforward techniques readers can put into action immediately
Designed for quick-reference while on the move, it affords instant access to specific, step-by-step, single-page techniques as needed
Table of Contents
- Title page
- Copyright page
- Introduction: Why Getting “Straight to Yes!” is So Relevant Today
- CHAPTER 1 Asking: The “Inner Game”
- CHAPTER 2 Getting Ready for the Ask
Part One: Asking with Frames in Mind
- What’s Frames Got to Do With It?
- CHAPTER 3 Consistency
- CHAPTER 4 Same and Different
- CHAPTER 5 Ready for Business
- CHAPTER 6 The Way We See It
Part Two: Asking with Tribes in Mind
- What’s Tribes Got to Do with It?
- CHAPTER 7 Body Talk
- CHAPTER 8 The Name’s Bond . . . Social Bond
- CHAPTER 9 The Wider Tribe
- CHAPTER 10 Progressive Feedback Loops
Part Three: Asking with the Brain in Mind
- What’s Brains Got to Do with It?
- CHAPTER 11 The Loss and Pain Brain
- CHAPTER 12 Reactance
- CHAPTER 13 Pattern Breakers
- CHAPTER 14 Priming
Part Four: Commencement
- CHAPTER 15 Actively Reflect
- CHAPTER 16 Good Integrate!
- CHAPTER 17 Some Asks to Avoid
- CHAPTER 18 Making Sure It Sticks
- 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . Commence!
- About the Author
- Title: Straight to Yes: Asking with Confidence and Getting What You Want
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857083784