Social learning, using technologies such as Twitter and video blogs,
is revolutionizing the way organizational training is undertaken. At
the same time, the age-old communication technique of storytelling
is being reinvented as a way to roll out strategic programs to large
multicultural groups on a global scale. But how can you develop your
team’s expertise to ensure strategic initiatives get the best results?
This book provides insight into systematic coaching when cascading
a strategy throughout your organization, and explains the benefits
of reinforcing strengths, identifying weaknesses, and correcting failures
to build competitive advantage. It goes beyond merely explaining
training strategy; it provides details on how it relates to skills training
and how you can leverage this to implement company goals.
Drawing on real-life client examples and the inspirational stories
of highly successful individuals, this book highlights approaches that
have transformed organizations and re-invented training. It dispels
myths that exist around traditional training paradigms and brings to
light the effectiveness of new methods and approaches. It also addresses
the risk of “unlearning” post-training and issues that arise
with maintaining performance evaluation and measuring tangible
progress, and provides key questions that are relevant at project and
company level, plus practical checklists and summaries complementing
each chapter of the book.
Table of contents
- The Meaningful Ambitions Initiative
- Chapter 1 When Strategy Met Training: As an Era Ends, Another Begins
- Chapter 2 The Straight and Narrow Path to Excellence: Training Leads to Expertise, If and Only If
- Chapter 3 The Fascinating Mechanics of Progress: Different Challenges Require Different Training Responses
- Chapter 4 An Animal Endowed with Reason and Emotions: The Difference Between Computers and Human Beings
- Chapter 5 Web Communities and Training: The Era When Everyone Helped Everyone Else
- Chapter 6 Old Paradigms and New Formats: What If the World Really Isn’t Flat?
- Chapter 7 The Quest for Return on Investment: Training Doesn’t Have to Be a Cost!
- Chapter 8 Conclusion: Gazing into Our Crystal Ball: What Does the Future Hold for Strategic Training?
- Last page
- Title: Strategy and Training
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781606495735
You might also like
How To Talk To Absolutely Anyone, 2nd Edition
Talk to anyone, anytime, about anything — with confidence. How to Talk to Absolutely Anyone is …
Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What …
Fight the Fear
DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S STANDING BETWEEN YOU AND SUCCESS IN LIFE? IT'S YOU! CHANGE YOUR MINDSET …
The Art of Conversation: Change Your Life with Confident Communication
Good conversation is at the heart of networking, meetings, interviews, negotiations and raising your profile. It …