O'Reilly logo

Strategy Power Plays: Winning Business Ideas from the World's Greatest Strategic Minds by Karen Mccreadie, Tim Phillips

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

93 THE VOICE OF AUTHORITY

If you want to add weight to your opinion, find someone independent who agrees with you. Even better, employ someone.

Machiavelli points out in The Prince's Chapter 18 that cultivating virtue can be harmful. Seeming to have virtue, by contrast, can be extremely useful.

DEFINING IDEA…

A lie told often enoughbecomes the truth.

~ LENIN

If you're cynical, you might say that public relations is 100% dedicated to creating the image that you're more virtuous than you really are. This is a lie, as I'm sure all of you who work in public relations would agree. The figure is no more than 90%; the other 10% is spent at lunch.

As a guide to how public relations can change your life, there can be no better publication than ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required