Streaming Data introduces the concepts and requirements of streaming and real-time data systems. The book is an idea-rich tutorial that teaches you to think about how to efficiently interact with fast-flowing data.
About the Technology
As humans, we�re constantly filtering and deciphering the information streaming toward us. In the same way, streaming data applications can accomplish amazing tasks like reading live location data to recommend nearby services, tracking faults with machinery in real time, and sending digital receipts before your customers leave the shop. Recent advances in streaming data technology and techniques make it possible for any developer to build these applications if they have the right mindset. This book will let you join them.
About the Book
Streaming Data is an idea-rich tutorial that teaches you to think about efficiently interacting with fast-flowing data. Through relevant examples and illustrated use cases, you�ll explore designs for applications that read, analyze, share, and store streaming data. Along the way, you�ll discover the roles of key technologies like Spark, Storm, Kafka, Flink, RabbitMQ, and more. This book offers the perfect balance between big-picture thinking and implementation details.
The right way to collect real-time data
Architecting a streaming pipeline
Analyzing the data
Which technologies to use and when
About the Reader
Written for developers familiar with relational database concepts. No experience with streaming or real-time applications required.
About the Author
Andrew Psaltis is a software engineer focused on massively scalable real-time analytics.
Table of Contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- About this Book
Part 1. A new holistic approach
- Chapter 1. Introducing streaming data
- Chapter 2. Getting data from clients: data ingestion
- Chapter 3. Transporting the data from collection tier: decoupling the data pipeline
- Chapter 4. Analyzing streaming data
- Chapter 5. Algorithms for data analysis
- Chapter 6. Storing the analyzed or collected data
- Chapter 7. Making the data available
- Chapter 8. Consumer device capabilities and limitations accessing the data
- Part 2. Taking it real world
- Appendix. The streaming data architectural blueprint
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: Streaming Data: Understanding the real-time pipeline
- Release date: June 2017
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617292286