With greater workplace demands comes greater stress—and it’s taking a toll on our productivity and well-being.
The standard recommendations are to exercise, meditate, eat better. But who has time for yoga poses amid nonstop meetings and pressing deadlines? Stress reduction becomes one more thing to do!
Executive coach and psychotherapist Aimee Bernstein offers a more effective and realistic approach: embrace the pressure. See it as an energy source. Tap into its flow to accomplish more while feeling calm and centered. It’s a counterintuitive message that frenzied professionals can actually use.
Stress Less. Achieve More. delivers relief for the overwhelmed. Part training manual, part spiritual guide, the book uncovers a total mental/physical/emotional formula to:
Stop reacting defensively • Retrain natural responses to stress triggers • Resolve conflicts harmoniously • Energize fatigued teammates • Relax in difficult situations
In today’s overbooked world, pressure is almost impossible to avoid. But with the tips, techniques, and exercises in Stress Less. Achieve More., you can turn it into your ally—and thrive under even the most demanding circumstances.
Table of contents
- Introduction: Make Friends with Pressure: Following the Clues
- 1. Run Deeper, Not Faster: Understanding Pressure from a New Perspective
- 2. Don’t Believe Everything You Think: Moving Beyond the Limitations of Your Personality Type
- 3. You Can’t Get There from Not Here: Where Is Your Attention?
- 4. Function from Your Center: Preserving Your Integrity Under Pressure
- 5. When Things Are Bad, Envision Your Best: Extending Your Energy for High Performance and Creativity
- 6. Size Matters: Becoming as Big as the Job
- 7. Gain Control by Giving It Up: Resolving Conflicts Harmoniously
- 8. Nobody Does It Alone: Taking Your Heart to Work
- 9. Spark Creative Solutions in High-Pressure Situations: Listening Is More Than Hearing
- Conclusion: You Reach Your Destiny in Spite of Yourself
- About the Author
- Free Sample Chapter from Success Under Stress by Sharon Melnick
- Title: Stress Less. Achieve More.
- Release date: February 2015
- Publisher(s): AMACOM
- ISBN: 9780814433843
You might also like
Stressaholic: 5 Steps to Transform Your Relationship with Stress
A guidebook for the journey from exhaustion to enlightenment Chronic multitasking and ever-increasing demands on our …
Leading Beyond Change
This guide shows readers how to transform a traditional organization into an evolutionary one with a …
Strengths Oriented Leadership
This book is about talent, strengths and positive psychology. Everyone is naturally talented in certain areas …
Better Humans, Better Performance: Driving Leadership, Teamwork, and Culture with Intentionality
Build a sustainable high-performance culture around the seven classical virtues Virtue is more than a word: …