Transferring to an American University: It's Easy!

Many international students imagine that you have to earn your entire degree at an American university, and that once you miss the bus, there is no other. The reality is pleasantly surprising!

Transferring to an American university (or college) is easy and can be done at the beginning of every semester. So a student can transfer after completing one or more semesters at another college. The general rule is that in order to graduate from an American college or a university with a bachelor's degree, a student has to spend a minimum of two academic years at that institution. It follows, therefore, that a student, who transfers from his home institution to a U.S. college, can carry forward ...

Get Study in America, 2nd Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.

O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.