When There’s No Turning Back
In This Chapter
- Documenting your complete financial history
- How to practice discretion if you decide to date
- When to hire a private investigator
- How to review your prenuptial agreement
- How to craft your own settlement agreement
After the decision to separate and divorce is made, you must—each of you, alone—take some practical steps to protect your interests. As unfortunate and as heartless as it sounds, you have moved on to another stage. You have stopped trying to patch things up in the realm of the heart and have begun instead to negotiate the real world of lawyers and courts, bank accounts and mortgage ...