On February 17, 2009, analog television broadcasting in the United States will end. As of that date, all television stations will switch to digital TV broadcasts -- effectively making obsolete every analog television set in the country.
What do you need to do to keep watching television after the switch to digital? Do you need to buy a new television set? If so, what kind of set? Do you need a fancy high definition TV? Or is there a way to make your old TV still work with the new digital broadcasts? Should you switch to cable or satellite television? And what is digital television, anyway? These are just a few of the questions people are asking as the switch to digital TV approaches.
All of these questions and more are answered in this short book. Don't be one of the tens of millions of people who are confused about the switch to digital TV and may lose their broadcast signal on February 17! Buy this book and take the guesswork out of the switch to digital TV!
What you can learn in this book -
o What is the difference is between Digital TV and HDTV
o How to switch your analog antenna reception to digital
o What you need to do if you are a cable, DSL or satellite subscriber
o How to connect a digital converter box
o Tips on shopping for a new digital TV
o Great solutions to your digital TV problems
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- 1 The Digital TV Transition: What Happens on February 17, 2009?
- 2 Analog Versus Digital TV: What's the Difference?
- 3 Digital Versus High Definition: What's the Difference?
- 4 Making the Switch: What to Do if You're Using an Antenna
- 5 Making the Switch: What to Do if You're on Cable or Satellite
- 6 Connecting a Digital Converter Box
- 7 Installing an Antenna for Digital Reception
- 8 Shopping for a New Digital TV
- 9 Troubleshooting Digital TV Problems
- 10 Switching from Analog to Digital TV: Questions and Answers
- Title: Switching to Digital TV: Everything You Need to Know
- Release date: September 2008
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780768686562
You might also like
The GuruBook is an inspiring collection of 45 articles and interviews with well-known thought leaders and …
You, Only Better
If you want to be happy, fulfilled and energised its probably best not to obsess over …
Understanding Digital Television
With the milestones of Digital TV and HDTV, there are lots of questions to be asked …
Pomodoro Technique Illustrated
Do you ever look at the clock and wonder where the day went? You spent all …