Chapter 1. Data Extraction
A lot of enterprises today use Tableau to extract data from a variety of data sources. Data extraction is the first and an important step to make your data available to analytics in Tableau.
In this chapter, we will cover the following:
- Different ways of creating Tableau data extracts
- Technical details of how a Tableau data extracts works
- Creating extracts with a large volume of data efficiently
- Uploading and managing Tableau data extract in Tableau online
- Refreshing Tableau data extracts
- Using the Tableau web connector to create data extracts
Different ways of creating Tableau data extracts
Tableau provides a few ways to create extracts.
Direct connect to original data sources
Creating an extract by connecting to the original ...