Do you want to help your organization make effective data-driven decisions? You can do that by visualizing the data in a way that everyone in your organization understands the relationship between the data and is able to make smart marketing decisions with ease. This video course will teach you how to create effective data visualizations using Tableau with the help of interesting activities.
The course begins with an introduction to Tableau, showing you how to connect to a data source in Tableau. You’ll then gain a solid understanding of data visualization, before going on to develop a bar chart and a pie chart, create a text table and explore map visualization in Tableau. The course will also help you to find a suitable method for using filters in a Tableau worksheet. As you advance, you’ll delve into data connections by connecting multiple tables in the same data source. Toward the end, you’ll learn how to effectively use the Tableau dashboard, create stories in Tableau, and share your data with others without any hassles.
By the end of this course, you’ll have the knowledge you need to create data visualizations using Tableau 10 and Tableau 2019, and be ready to delve further into advanced Tableau topics.
What You Will Learn
- Become familiar with the Tableau 10 and the Tableau 2019 interface
- Find out how to create bar and pie charts
- Connect with multiple tables in the same data source as well as different data sources
- Gain the skills you need to create a dashboard
- Experience storytelling with Tableau
- Discover the technique of sharing your data with others
If you’re a beginner in marketing, or an experienced marketer or a digital analyst who is looking to learn Tableau for data visualization, then this course is for you. Basic computer skills are required to get started with this course.
About The Author
Anil Batra: Anil Batra, founder of Global Analytics Academy and Optizent - a digital marketing and analytics consulting company, is a seasoned digital marketing and analytics professional with 15 years of experience. He has worked with companies ranging from Fortune 50 to various start-ups and has helped them improve marketing results. His customers include Microsoft, SmartMoney, ESPN, T-Mobile, Hoovers, RealNetworks, Starbucks, and TheStreet. He has taught and trained several marketing and analytics professionals in the past 9 years of teaching at UBC, University of Washington, and Bellevue College. Anil also teaches digital marketing, digital analytics, Google Analytics, Tableau, and social media courses.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Introduction to Tableau
Chapter 3 : Creating Visualization
- Developing Bar Chart and Adding Colors, Details, and Labels Using Marks Card
- Bar Chart - Vertical and Horizontal and Switching Between Them
- Plotting Multiple Measures -Trends on the Shared Axis and Dual Axis
- Creating a Pie Chart in Tableau
- Creating a Text Table in Tableau
- Creating a Map Visualization in Tableau
- Using Filters in Tableau Worksheets
- Chapter 4 : More about Data Collections
- Chapter 5 : Dashboards and Stories
- Title: Tableau Desktop - A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners
- Release date: October 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800563247
You might also like
Microsoft Power BI - The Complete Masterclass [2023 EDITION]
Microsoft Power BI is an interactive data visualization software primarily focusing on business intelligence, part of …
Statistics and Mathematics for Data Science and Data Analytics
If you aim for a career in data science or data analytics, this course will equip …
Data Science and Machine Learning (Theory and Projects) A to Z
This course is crafted to teach you the most in-demand skills in the real world. This …
Data Scraping and Data Mining from Beginner to Pro with Python
Data scraping is the technique of extracting data from the Internet. The course Data Scraping and …