Are you interested in data analytics and (self-service BI) business intelligence? Are you already using Tableau or plan to use it soon?
You might have already seen Tableau as a visual analytics tool in action. You might have created Tableau dashboards yourself. But as you know, the result of visualizing your data is only the tip of the iceberg. As data analysts spend a huge amount of their time cleaning and preparing data, this process is quite tedious. However, it is most important to get the data cleaned and in the right format.
Meet Tableau Prep Builder! A great tool that can help us in doing data preparation/data cleaning fast and efficiently.
In this Tableau Prep Builder course, you will learn all you need to know to use the power of Tableau Prep Builder for your own data cleaning tasks. The course is developed for beginners. Hence, no prior knowledge is required even though working with Tableau before would be an advantage.
This course will first explore the Tableau Prep Builder interface and then perform three case studies to understand how to use Tableau Prep Builder for data cleaning and data preparation.
By the end of this course, you will be able to use the power of Tableau Prep Builder for data cleaning.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the fundamentals of Tableau Prep Builder
- Learn how to get started with Tableau Prep Builder
- Perform data cleaning with Tableau Prep Builder
- Learn how to deal with multiple excel files
- Work with multiple CSV files as a case study
- Use transaction case study for data enrichment
This course is for all Tableau users who need to do data cleaning. Aspiring data analysts or data scientists or report creators can also benefit from this course.
This course is a crash course for beginners; hence, we start from scratch so no specific knowledge is required but you should be familiar with Tableau. Tableau Prep builder 14-day Trial version could be used in case you do not have a license (yet).
About The Author
Dan We: Daniel Weikert is a 33-year-old entrepreneur, data enthusiast, consultant, and trainer. He is a master’s degree holder certified in Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx (Core and Advanced), and KNIME (L1–L3).
He is currently working in the business intelligence field and helps companies and individuals obtain vital insights from their data to deliver long-term strategic growth and outpace their competitors.
He has a passion for learning and teaching. He is committed to supporting other people by offering them educational services and helping them accomplish their goals, gain expertise in their profession, or explore new careers.
Table of contents
Chapter 1 : Let's Get Started
- Tableau Prep Builder Interface
- Tableau Prep Builder Data Cleaning Possibilities Part 1
- Tableau Prep Builder Data Cleaning Possibilities Part 2
- Tableau Prep Builder Data Cleaning Possibilities Part 3
- Tableau Prep Builder Dealing with Multiple Excel Files
- Tableau Prep Builder - Transaction Case Study Data Cleaning 1
- Tableau Prep Builder - Transaction Case Study Data Cleaning 2
- Tableau Prep Builder - Transaction Case Study Data Enrichment 1
- Tableau Prep Builder - Transaction Case Study Data Enrichment 2
- Tableau Prep Builder - Transaction Case Study Data Enrichment Currency Exchange
- Tableau Prep Builder - Final Words
- Title: Tableau Prep Builder for Beginners – Getting Started
- Release date: August 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801074889
You might also like
Tableau Prep Cookbook
Explore common and not-so-common data transformation scenarios and solutions to become well-versed with Tableau Prep and …
Tableau: First Steps
Our lives are full of data—there are numbers everywhere. But most people aren’t good at looking …
Prepare Your Data for Tableau: A Practical Guide to the Tableau Data Prep Tool
Focus on the most important and most often overlooked factor in a successful Tableau project—data. Without …
Building Interactive Dashboards with Tableau
As businesses collect increasing amounts of vital data, the need for effective, intuitive, and actionable interfaces …