Manage your schedule more effectively using Calendar and Reminders!
In the days before personal computers and mobile devices, we had to rely on paper calendars and to-do lists to help us organize our time and activities. Now, we have powerful tools, like Apple's Calendar and Reminders, that are much more responsive to our needs. Put an event on your schedule, invite others to join, or set yourself an alarm (or more than one). Or, keep a list of to-do items, add to it and view it on all your Apple devices, and share your list with family or friends.
In this book, veteran Mac journalist and editor Scholle McFarland will guide you through getting to know these incredibly helpful apps, including lesser-known (but handy) features. For example, did you know that in Calendar you can set an alert for when you need to leave for an event, based on the travel time calculated using the location you entered for the event? Or that Reminders can prompt you to do something not only at a certain time, but also once you've reached a specific destination, like the grocery store?
If you've never taken the opportunity to explore Calendar and Reminders, this book will show you how to make them an important part of your daily routine. If you've already been using Calendar and Reminders, you'll learn how to use them more effectively, troubleshoot common problems, and delve deeper into their capabilities.
Whip your schedule into shape and tame your to-do lists with Take Control of Calendar and Reminders!
Let Scholle walk you through how to get the best out of Calendar and Reminders, including how to:
- Customize Calendar to your liking, from setting time zones, to color coding specific calendars
- Create events, making them repeat at regular intervals or on certain dates
- Set up notifications and alerts, so you never miss an event
- Invite people to events, or share your calendar with them
- Create, manage, and share lists in Reminders
- Set alarms in Reminders at a certain time or a certain place
- Use Siri to save time when creating events or reminders
- Easily check events and reminders on your Mac, iPhone, or Apple Watch
- Troubleshoot common problems in Calendar and Reminders
- Share calendars and reminders using iCloud Family Sharing
Table of contents
- Read Me First
- Calendar & Reminders Quick Start
- Calendar vs. Reminders
- Meet Calendar
- Set Up Calendar
- Work with Events
- Invite People to Events
- Set Up Calendar Alerts
- Share & Subscribe to Calendars
- Meet Reminders
- Set Up Reminders
- Work with Reminders
- Check Events & Reminders
- How do I prevent Calendar spam?
- How do I get rid of duplicate events?
- How do I remove duplicate birthdays?
- How do I get rid of duplicate iCloud calendars?
- How do I move a calendar to another computer?
- What if I made too many calendars?
- Why wonât my calendar show maps or travel time?
- Why canât I see any of my reminders on my iPhone?
- What if I accidentally delete all my reminders?
- How can I get an On My Mac option?
- What if changes on one device donât show up on another?
- Use iCloud Family Sharing
- Set Up Notifications
- About This Book
- Copyright & Fine Print
- Title: Take Control of Calendar and Reminders, 1st Edition
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Take Control Books
- ISBN: 9781947282001
You might also like
Productivity For Dummies
Take your productivity to the next level and make the most of your time! Do you …
PowerPoint 2019 For Dummies
Get up and running fast with the PowerPoint 2019 PowerPoint continues to be the go-to tool …
Accounting All-in-One For Dummies, with Online Practice, 2nd Edition
Your all-in-one accounting resource If you’re a numbers person, it’s your lucky day! Accounting jobs are …
Out of Our Minds, 3rd Edition
Creativity is critical. Out of Our Minds explores creativity: its value in business, its ubiquity in …