Have you taken time for yourself today?
Too many working parents focus solely on those around them—their families, their work, and a never-ending list of other commitments—only to lose sight of what they need themselves. But neglecting your own needs and wants can prevent you from being happy, healthy, and productive.
Taking Care of Yourself provides expert advice to help you identify what you value most at work and at home, make choices that align with those values, and be the best version of yourself for your job and for your family.
You'll learn to:
- Prioritize the tasks that are most meaningful to you—and let go of the rest
- Deal with complex feelings, including parental guilt and perfectionism
- Carve out time for self-care, including friends, hobbies, exercise, and sleep
- Communicate your needs to your boss and your family
- Feel more present, both at work and at home
The HBR Working Parents Series with Daisy Dowling, Series Editor, supports readers as you anticipate challenges, learn how to advocate for yourself more effectively, juggle your impossible schedule, and find fulfillment at home and at work. Whether you're up with a newborn or planning the future with your teen, you'll find the practical tips, strategies, and research you need to make working parenthood work for you.
Table of contents
- Series Page
- Title Page
- Introduction: Self-Care and the Working Parent
- Section 1: Give Yourself a Time-Out: Look at How You Spend Your Time
- Section 2: Learn to Talk: Communicate Your Needs
- Section 3: Deep Breaths: Check Your Mental and Emotional Health
- Section 4: Time for Your Checkup: Prioritize Physical Well-Being
- Section 5: Recess: Make Your Time Off Matter
- Epilogue: Try It, You Might Like It
- About the Contributors
- Title: Taking Care of Yourself (HBR Working Parents Series)
- Release date: December 2020
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633699793
You might also like
Java Cookbook, 4th Edition
Java continues to grow and evolve, and this cookbook continues to evolve in tandem. With this …
Don't engineer by coincidence-design it like you mean it! Filled with practical techniques, Design It! is …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …
Python for Data Analysis, 2nd Edition
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, …