LEARN HOW TO SPOT TALENT, BUILD A GREAT TEAM, AND WIN IN BUSINESS!
Ted Sundquist was educated at the U.S. Air Force Academy. He played and coached football for the Academy, served as a flight commander in Germany, and went on to become General Manager of the Denver Broncos. In other words, Sundquist has spent his entire adult life building powerful, effective teams that get things done.
In Taking Your Team to the Top, Sundquist gives you the knowledge, skills, and motivation to replicate his remarkable success.
Whether you run a global corporation or small business, you'll learn how to accurately evaluate new hires from enormous talent pools, quickly implement them into your organization's existing team culture, and create a dedicated mission statement to maximize team success.
In this groundbreaking guide, Sundquist combines the sum total of his vast and diverse leadership experience with lessons and insights from some of today's top leadership experts, including:
- DANA PERINO, White House Press Secretary for President George W. Bush
- DR. TOM OSBORNE, Head Coach of the University of Nebraska football team and U.S. Congressman
- DR. HARVEY SCHILLER, Commissioner of the SEC and Secretary General of the U.S. Olympic Committee
- ED ROSKI, one of the Forbes 200 richest people in America
- JEFF PASH, Executive VP and General Counsel of the NFL
- CHAD HENNINGS, three-time Super Bowl Champion and defensive tackle for the Dallas Cowboys
You can have the best business strategy available. But without the best and brightest people collaborating in a healthy way to execute that strategy, it's only worth the paper it's printed on.
Taking Your Team to the Top offers the fundamentals you need to unlock individuals' abilities and talents while adding to team synergy to accomplish any business objective, in any business--large or small.
PRAISE FOR TAKING YOUR TEAM TO THE TOP:
"Ted Sundquist outlines in detail how to organize and lead a corporation to real success. He provides a plan to reach this success while always emphasizing the importance of personal involvement, compassion, and caring for your people (employees). I highly recommend Taking Your Team to the Top for all CEOs of every level." -- Lt. General Winfield W. Scott, Jr., United States Air Force
"Having had the opportunity to play under Ted's leadership on the Denver Broncos, I came to highly respect him not only as a person but for his managerial skills that lead us to two Super Bowl championships.... If you are seeking insight into how to best build, manage, and lead your team to success, this book is an absolute must-have." -- Jason Elam, All-Pro Placekicker, NFL 1993-2009
"In a world quick to measure short-term performance, we often get fleeting temporary results. I love how Ted challenges some of these norms and embraces a leadership style that is others-focused: built around compassion, chemistry and ultimately a long-term lasting impact. This book is a great read for the leader who is looking to leverage his or her position for real impact and influence on others." -- Jeff Nolde, Vice President, Values Based Wealth Management, Morgan Stanley
"Ted has drawn on his experience as an athlete, military officer, and NFL club executive to create a valuable and practical guide for anyone in a position of leadership, whether it be business or sports executive, a head coach or entrepreneur." -- Jack Mills, President, Ascent Sports
Table of contents
- TAKING YOUR TEAM TO THE TOP: HOW TO BUILD AND MANAGE GREAT TEAMS LIKE THE PROS
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1 The Talent: Spotting the Best and the Brightest
- Chapter 2 The Mission: FUDES for Thought
- Chapter 3 The Development: Maximizing Performance
- Chapter 4 The Placement: Finding the Right Fit
- Chapter 5 The Execution: The Xs and Os of Team Success
- Chapter 6 The Failures: Dealing with Adversity
- Chapter 7 Success: Maintaining Excellence Through Teamwork
- Title: Taking Your Team to the Top: How to Build and Manage Great Teams like the Pros
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071805452
You might also like
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (with featured article “Leadership That Gets Results,” by Daniel Goleman)
Managing people is fraught with challenges—even if you're a seasoned manager. Here's how to handle them. …
The Little Book of Big Management Theories, 2nd Edition
101 management theories from the world’s best management thinkers – the fast, focussed and express route …
Leading with Strategic Thinking: Four Ways Effective Leaders Gain Insight, Drive Change, and Get Results
Be a more effective leader with strategic thinking Leading with Strategic Thinking reveals what effective leaders …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …