The challenge with most companies' talent intelligence is that it is just not that intelligent.
Having good talent intelligence—an accurate understanding of the skills, expertise, and qualities of people—is essential for the people decisions that all businesses make. Yet despite its vital importance, most organizations appear to be failing at this critical task. The reason lies in talent measurement: how companies produce their talent intelligence and then use it.
Written by Nik Kinley and Shlomo Ben-Hur—two experts in the field—this book draws on the latest research to show how businesses can transform the value and impact of their talent intelligence to make sure they get the right people in the right roles. When that happens, all their talent management and development activities are built on an accurate understanding of the talent available to them.
Filled with illustrative examples, the book shows how to overcome the stumbling blocks that stand in the way of successful talent intelligence and reveals step-by-step what organizations need to measure, how they can best do so, and how they can successfully implement measurement and use the results.
As the authors explain, knowing what methods and tools to use is just part of the challenge: the bigger issue for many firms is ensuring they know how to use them and make the best use of the intelligence they provide.
Table of contents
- More Praise for Talent Intelligence
- Title page
- Copyright page
- About the Authors
- 1: Talent Measurement: Is It Measuring Up?
- 2: Standard Measures of Talent: How Good Are They Really?
- 3: Rethinking Measurement: How Best to Predict Success
- 4: Tools of the Trade: Eight Processes for Gathering Data
- 5: Choosing the Best Methods and Tools for Your Business
- 6: Building the Foundations for Talent Measurement
- 7: Getting the Most from Measurement Results
- 8: Sourcing the Expertise You Need
- 9: Making Measurement Work
- Appendix: Frequently Asked Questions
- Title: Talent Intelligence: What You Need to Know to Identify and Measure Talent
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118531181
You might also like
Product Management in Practice
Product management has become a critical connective role for modern organizations, from small technology startups to …
Not Just Another Meeting: Creative Strategies for Facilitation
Create a fresh, intentional approach to meetings When meetings draw employees away from day-to-day tasks but …
Brilliant Psychometric Tests
Most people will experience psychometric testing at some time or another when applying for a job …
Digital Transformation Game Plan
The Digital Age is having a broad and profound impact on companies and entire industries. Rather …