Chapter 7. Classification, categorization, and tagging
In this chapter
- Learn the basic concepts behind classification, categorization, and tagging
- Discover how categorization is used in text applications
- Build, train, and evaluate classifiers using open source tools
- Integrate categorization into a search application
- Build a tag recommendation engine trained using tagged data
Chances are you’ve encountered keyword tags somewhere among the websites you’ve visited. Photos, videos, music, news or blog articles, and tweets are frequently accompanied by words and phrases that provide a quick description of the content you’re viewing and a link to related items. You’ve possibly seen tag clouds: displays of different-sized words displaying someone’s ...