Low-Cost and No-Cost Ideas
• Ask team members to give a presentation on their work at a management staff meeting.
• Ask the team to take on a tough problem or new challenge.
• In a prominent place such as the lobby or break room, display a poster with pictures of members of the team with an explanation of their accomplishments.
• Send a personal, hand-written note to each person thanking them for their work.
• Send the team on an outing to a minor league baseball game, college basketball game, game place (e.g., Dave & Buster’s or ESPN Zone) or dinner at a casual, local restaurant.
• Communicate to the team that management is implementing a solution or suggestion developed by the team.
• Ask a senior manager to come to your team ...