Dreamweaver—The go-to web design tool for creative professionals. Expert video trainer, artist, and designer Geoff Blake introduces you to the world of Dreamweaver and web design in this monster 10-plus hour DVD, packed with tricks, techniques, and hands-on tasks—made specially to be an easy, non-jargonny approach for Dreamweaver CS3 and CS4 users. Master key concepts and explore the array of possibilities, particularly in the world of Cascading Style Sheets with Geoff Blake as your guide. You’ll not only learn the secrets and master the techniques, but you’re sure to have a whole lot of fun along the way!
Table of Contents
Welcome To Ten Ton Dreamweaver!
- So Ya Ready For Some Dreamweaver? 00:01:40
- Chapter 1: Gettin' Started With Web Design Fundamentals!
Chapter 2: Dreamweaver Warm-Up: The Interface!
- Gettin' Ya Started In Dreamweaver 00:05:17
- The Dreamweaver CS3 Interface 00:07:12
- The Dreamweaver CS4 Interface 00:03:13
- Get Customizin' Dreamweaver's Interface 00:02:59
- Did Ya Royally Goof? Unto It All With Dreamweaver's History Panel 00:02:21
- Super-Sweet, It's The Snippets Panel 00:02:20
- Exploring Other Panels In Dreamweaver 00:01:04
- Super-Fast Selecting With Dreamweaver's Tag Selector 00:02:47
- Savin' Up Those Dreamweaver Workspaces 00:01:48
- Viewing Code In Dreamweaver (Including The Code Inspector) 00:08:36
- The Easy Way To Understand Code--Visually! 00:03:12
Chapter 3: Managing Those Websites In Dreamweaver!
- Gettin' Down To It: Defining A New Site 00:08:26
- Managing Multiple Sites In Dreamweaver 00:03:15
- Gettin' Organized: Arranging Your File And Site Structure 00:11:47
- Setting Up Those Index Files 00:04:33
- Uploading Files To A Remote Server 00:06:45
- 'Weaver's Hidden Secret: The Assets Panel 00:04:28
- Task #1: Get Defining Your Own Site In Dreamweaver! 00:01:44
Chapter 4: Adding In Some Text And Page Structure!
- Sample File Layout Tour And Some Super-Awesome Free Resources 00:06:28
- Working With Text, Spell Checker, Find And Replace, And Page Titles 00:11:24
- Inserting Structural Headings 00:03:00
- Here It Is: Creating Numbered And Bulleted Lists 00:06:56
- Gasp! Inserting Some Special Characters 00:03:32
- Horizontal Rules...And As An Aside, Dreamweaver's Big Limitation 00:07:12
- Previewing Your Work, Adding Browsers, And Online Browser Resources 00:08:06
Chapter 5: Headlong Into The World Of Cascading Style Sheets!
- Easing In: Creating And Applying A Basic Style In Dreamweaver CS3 00:07:17
- Creating And Applying A Basic Style In Dreamweaver CS4 00:04:54
- Two Approaches To Applying Styles, And How The Background Code Works 00:06:05
- The Goods: Editing Your Styles 00:07:44
- Introducing The CSS Rule Definition Dialog Box 00:05:26
Chapter 6: Ready For Blast-Off? Going Further With CSS!
- The Three Fundamental CSS Rule Types 00:06:10
- About The Two Types Of Style Sheets 00:05:12
- Creating CSS Class Rules 00:05:42
- Adding A Border And Padding To A Class 00:03:50
- The Cranial Stuff: The CSS Box Model And How Widths Are Measured In CSS 00:05:29
- Using The Box Model To Create A Class Sidebar 00:11:01
- Controlling HTML With CSS--With Redefined HTML Tags 00:07:09
- Work Even Faster By Duplicating Styles 00:01:38
- Redefining The Page Text 00:03:44
- Redefining Bulleted Or Numbered Lists 00:04:50
- Creating Styles In Dreamweaver CS4 00:06:52
- Task #2: Think You‚Äôre So Big? Try Creating This CSS Rule! 00:02:33
- Don't Forget Your Free CSS Video 00:00:56
- Technique #1: Simple Typography Control With CSS! 00:05:13
- Technique #2: Alright, Now For Advanced CSS Typography! 00:10:38
Chapter 7: And Now, Managing Internal And External Style Sheets!
- Moving Internal Styles To An External Style Sheet 00:04:41
- Disconnecting And Reconnecting An External Style Sheet 00:03:13
- Editing Rules In An External Style Sheet 00:05:34
- Without A Net: Editing Style Sheets Without Dreamweaver 00:02:57
- Moving Styles Between Style Sheets 00:05:24
- Work Faster With External Style Sheets 00:04:26
- External Sheets With Dreamweaver CS4 00:02:25
Chapter 8: Working With Tables!
- Table Basics In Dreamweaver 00:08:23
- Inserting Content And Where Tables Get Wacky 00:09:34
- Selecting Table Components 00:02:09
- Traditional (Lame-O) Table Formatting 00:04:29
- Using CSS To Control Table Formatting (Now That's Sweet!) 00:08:19
Chapter 9: You've Been Waiting For It: Inserting Graphics Into Dreamweaver!
- Understanding Graphics In Web Design 00:09:57
- Inserting Images And Formatting 'Em Too 00:15:34
- Controlling Images With CSS 00:04:16
- Dreamweaver's Image Editing Commands 00:06:27
- Editing Images Outside Of Dreamweaver 00:08:42
- Setting Up Background Images 00:11:50
- Smart Objects In Dreamweaver CS4 00:05:10
- Technique #3: Design Go-Around: Using Images For Typography! 00:09:05
- Technique #4: Web Design Workflow: From Illustrator To Photoshop And Out To Dreamweaver! 00:04:54
- Technique #5: Creating Soft-Edged Transparency...Impossible? Well We Think Not! 00:13:33
Chapter 10: Hookin‚Äô It All Up With Hyperlinks!
- Creatin' Some Links From Text And Images 00:08:45
- Linkin' Up To Other Websites 00:03:49
- Creating A Link To An Email Address 00:04:00
- Linking To PDF's And Other Files 00:02:23
- Linking To A Specific Location On A Page 00:04:29
- Creating Image Map Hotspots 00:04:17
- Formattin' Those Hyperlinks With...You Guessed It...CSS! 00:05:26
- Technique #6: Creatin' Some Sweet Rollover Buttons With CSS! 00:13:03
- Technique #7: Rollin' Out From A Single To A Multi-Page Website! 00:10:05
- Task #3: So Get Designin' Your Page Layout, Already! 00:01:57
- Chapter 11: Paying Homage: Traditional Page Layout With Tables!
Chapter 12: Mega-Modern Page Layout With Div's!
- Your New Best Friend: Introducing Div's 00:11:50
- Creatin' The Basic Layout Blocks 00:07:58
- Nesting Div's Within Other Div's 00:08:52
- Refining The Layout With Even More Div's 00:07:45
- Task #4: It's All Up To You: Create The Remaining Div's! 00:01:12
- Hung Up? Here's A Task #4 Bailout 00:08:50
- Inserting The Layout's Images And Text 00:03:57
- Applying A Frame To The Whole Layout 00:08:19
- Further Layout Fiddlin' And Adjustin' 00:02:35
- Technique #8: Some Say It Can't Be Done...But Here It Is: Centering A Div-Based Layout! 00:06:51
- Chapter 13: Diggin' Into Interactivity And Multimedia!
- Chapter 14: Wrappin‚Äô Up Ten Ton Dreamweaver
- Title: Ten Ton Dreamweaver Essentials
- Release date: July 2009
- Publisher(s): Ten Ton Books
- ISBN: 00005TTDWE