“Ideas pull the trigger, but instinct loads the gun.”
Table of Contents Chapter 33 – Trigger Functions
The Fundamentals of Triggers
1) A Trigger is an Event driven maintenance operation (Object Type ‘G’)
2) The event is caused (Trigger Fired) by one or more modifications to a table
3) The Original Modification, the TRIGGER, and all subsequent triggers constitute a Single Transaction
4) The SQL and all Triggers associated must each work or all are Rolled Back
5) The user's initial SQL maintenance request that causes a row to change in a table and then causes a trigger to fire ...