What follows is a quick summary of each chapter’s key points and questions for reflection.
CHAPTER 1. WHY CHANGE MANAGEMENT NEEDS CHANGING
• The old change management works against innovation and creativity.
• When people do not have a voice in change that affects them, they will resist even if the change benefits them.
• Engagement gaps increase when
• You believe that your voice does not count.
• You are isolated from key people, events, and processes.
• You are fearful.
• You don’t trust the institution and its leaders.
Questions for Reflection
• What are your own beliefs about organizational change?
• To what extent do a lack of voice, isolation, fear, and low trust exist in your organization? What are the causes? ...