The smarter way to build fast and dynamic android apps.
About This Video
Implement TDD methodology to create smarter and more effective apps in less time.
Create your own unit tests, acceptance test and Mocking objects
Modularize your app development process to make it smoother, more resilient and faster.
In Test Driven Android Development, we discuss how good Object Oriented Design and Test Driven Design are complementary. We create a simple JUnit test, using a stub object that represents a data feed. Next, we demonstrate how to write a test driven design unit test for a Java class that performs network operations. After that, we create a unit test for a data access object that uses a JSON data feed. Our test includes JUnit 4 asserts and Hamcrest-style asserst. Then, we discuss blockers that prevent us from writing unit tests, and how we can use Mockito, code coverage, and automatic test execution to ameliorate those blockers. Finally, we look at UI testing with Espresso, and multi-platform testing with Firebase.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Fundamentals of Test-driven Development
Chapter 2 : Design for Test
- Best Practices – Interfaces, DTOs, and Layers 00:07:12
- Why Interfaces? 00:12:45
- DTO Best Practices 00:10:15
- Layer Description – UI, Business Logic, and Data Access 00:15:25
- Minimizing If Tests 00:15:25
- Chapter 3 : Introduction to Unit Testing
- Chapter 4 : Behavior-driven Design
- Chapter 5 : Add-ins/Plug-ins
- Chapter 6 : Testing Beyond the Unit Test
- Title: Test-Driven Android
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787129139
You might also like
Test-Driven Development (TDD) for Android
2.5 Hours of Video Training Continuous Delivery (CD) is an agile practice that's had a big …
React - The Complete Guide (incl. Hooks, React Router and Redux)
Dive in and learn React from scratch! Learn Reactjs, Redux, React Routing, Animations, Next.js basics and …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
Capturing a wealth of experience about the design of object-oriented software, four top-notch designers present a …