Looking to get started with creating fun and interactive apps? This course will equip you with the skills you need to create an app and submit it to the App Store in just 10 days.
While other courses offer 40+ hours of video content, this quick and engaging course keeps it simple and manageable for beginners. On June 4 2018, Apple announced iOS 12, and the course is based on this latest version.
Following a step-by-step approach, you will use Swift 4 and Xcode 10 to create exciting iOS 12 apps.
Your ten-day schedule will look like this:
• Day 1 – Exploring the basics, such as writing your first line of Swift and getting started with Xcode
• Day 2 – Delving further into Swift and creating a Tip Calculator
• Day 3 – Learning about Table Views while creating an app to remember jokes – the Joke Bank app
• Day 4 – Understanding advanced Swift functions, classes, and methods and applying these skills to the Joke Bank App
• Day 5 – Creating a functional To-Do List app
• Day 6 - Adding Core Data to your To-Do app to save your items
• Day 7 - Adding images to an app and allowing users to take a photo
• Day 8 – Making a Bitcoin Price Tracker that connects with an API to display real-time Bitcoin prices
• Day 9 - Using the new Core ML 2 to learn the basics of machine learning
• Day 10 - Submitting your app to the App Store and learning how to make money with iOS
This course can be downloaded easily so you can even use it offline.
What You Will Learn
- Submit Your Own App to the App Store!
- Become a Swift 4 Programmer
- Industry Tips Such Asas How to Get a Job and Make Money from Your Apps
- Create a Bitcoin Price Tracking App
- Create a ToDo List App
- Create a Joke Bank App
- Create a Photo-Based Collector App
- Create an App with Machine Learning
This course is for people who want learn to build iPhone apps. Some programming experience is preferable.
About The Author
Nick Walter: Nick Walter is an experienced mobile and web developer and has worked with technologies such as iOS, Android, Django, and Python.
He learned to code about seven years ago. He had limited access to training resources back then. Whilst he learned to code, he also realized the need to change the way that people learn to code. That’s when Nick took up teaching. His experience as an online student has definitely influenced his teaching style—he knows what it is like to be in their shoes.
He started his teaching career in 2014, with the Internet’s first Swift course. He now teaches a range of technologies such as iOS, Android, Django, Kotlin, Python, HTML, and Blockchain.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : DAY 1 - The Fundamentals
- Chapter 3 : DAY 2 - More Swift
- Chapter 4 : DAY 3 - Joke Bank App
- Chapter 5 : DAY 4 - Advanced Swift
- Chapter 6 : DAY 5 - ToDo List
- Chapter 7 : DAY 6 - CoreData
- Chapter 8 : DAY 7 - Images and the Camera
- Chapter 9 : DAY 8 - Bitcoin Price Tracker
- Chapter 10 : DAY 9 - Machine Learning
- Chapter 11 : DAY 10 - App Store and Making Money
- Title: The 10 Day iPhone App Bootcamp - New iOS 12 and Xcode
- Release date: July 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839218569
You might also like
Complete Git Guide: Understand and Master Git and GitHub
Complete with practical activities, this comprehensive Git and GitHub guide will help you understand how Git …
Make Apps with ChatGPT and Generative AI
ChatGPT is a language generation model developed by OpenAI. Its newest form, Davinci, is behind the …
The Complete Practical Docker Guide
Docker is a software framework for building, running, and managing containers on servers and the cloud. …
Easy Spanish Step-By-Step
Easy Spanish Step-by-Step is THE top-selling Spanish book on all of Amazon! Ranked #1 in the …