WHAT MAKES AN EFFECTIVE AND SUCCESSFUL MARKETING LEADER?
The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader, by former McKinsey Partner Thomas Barta and senior London Business School professor Patrick Barwise, is the first research-based leadership book for marketers in the 21st century. Based on the largest ever research study of its kind, with detailed data on over 8,600 leaders in more than 170 countries, this game-changing book identifies 12 specific behaviors--or Powers--that drive marketers' business impact and career success. Reading it, you’ll learn how to:
• MOBILIZE YOUR BOSS: Make an impact at the highest level and align marketing with the company's priorities.
• MOBILIZE YOUR COLLEAGUES: Inspire and motivate your non-marketing colleagues to deliver a great customer experience.
• MOBILIZE YOUR TEAM: Build and align a winning marketing team.
• MOBILIZE YOURSELF: Focus on goals that will benefit your customers, your company and yourself, by meeting your own needs and ambitions.
By zeroing in on the value creation zone ("V-Zone")--the all-important overlap between your company's and customers' needs--you’ll be able to help the business win in the market--and achieve your career goals. Warning: This is not a marketing book. It’s a leadership book for marketers, using the latest research on what works--and what doesn’t--in marketing's digital age.
BONUS: Receive full access to an online self-assessment tool and other marketing leadership resources.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Authors’ Note
- Introduction: Doing Marketing Isn’t the Same as Leading Marketing
- SECTION I Mobilize Your Boss
- SECTION II Mobilize Your Colleagues
- SECTION III Mobilize Your Team
- SECTION IV Mobilize Yourself
- It’s Time for Your Launch
- Appendix: About the Research
- Title: The 12 Powers of a Marketing Leader: How to Succeed by Building Customer and Company Value
- Release date: September 2016
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781259834721
You might also like
The Future of Marketing: Strategies from 15 Leading Brands on How Authenticity, Relevance, and Transparency Will Help You Survive the Age of the Customer
Reinvent marketing for your radically new environment: smarter, faster, more agile, more customer-driven! In this "by …
Sales Management That Works
Named to the longlist for the 2021 Outstanding Works of Literature (OWL) Award in the Sales …
The Crowdsourced Performance Review: How to Use the Power of Social Recognition to Transform Employee Performance
Praise for The Crowdsourced Performance Review: "Take advantage of the technology and data available to you …
The Sales Manager’s Success Manual
Today’s sales managers face a tough challenge. They must be more productive than ever while relying …