Book descriptionCreate, correct, and control with layers,
the most powerful tool in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements
Imagine yourself in total control of every adjustment to your photos. You've seen the illustrations in glossy magazines, the fine art reproductions in museum catalogs, the award-winning pictures of professional photographers. To produce this kind of magic, understanding how to use layers for your entire breadth of image correction is key.
Discover the best ways to showcase your talent with the full power of layers from best-selling author/digital image specialist Richard Lynch. Learn what layers can do for you as an integral part of organizing image development, creating and storing image versions with nondestructive editing, and promoting a positive workflow.
Timeless, not version specific, this book will help you take layers to a new level to increase your efficiency and produce better end results, whatever release of the software you use. Step-by-step instructions and practical examples illustrate how to.
Don't make your work harder than it needs to be when you can use layers to control any adjustment using multiple forms of blending concurrently - transparency, clipping, opacity/fill, masking, modes, channel targeting, Blend If, and styles.
Author Richard Lynch is a photographer, designer, editor, web developer, and author of the popular "Hidden Powers series on Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. He also writes for PCPhoto, Popular Photography, Digital Photographer, and Digital Photography Techniques.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: The Basics of Layers: Layer Functions and Creation
Chapter 2: Layer Management: Concepts of a Layer-Based Workflow
- The Outline for Image Editing
- Photoshop’s Essential Tools List
- The Logic of Layers
- Chapter 3: Object and Image Area Isolation in Layers
- Chapter 4: Masking: Enhanced Area Isolation
- Chapter 5: Applying Layer Effects
Chapter 6: Exploring Layer Modes
- Layer Mode Behavior
- Separating Color and Tone
- Sharpening Calculation
- Chapter 7: Advanced Blending with Blend If
- Chapter 8: Breaking Out Components
- Chapter 9: Taking an Image through the Process
- Chapter 10: Making a Layered Collage or Composite Image
- Title: The Adobe Photoshop Layers Book: Harnessing Photoshop's Most Powerful Tool, covers Photoshop CS3
- Release date: August 2007
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9781136102455
You might also like
Agile Software Development: The Cooperative Game, Second Edition
“Agile Software Development is a highly stimulating and rich book. The author has a deep background …
Microsoft® PowerShell, VBScript and JScript® Bible
Packed with more than 300 sample scripts and an extensive collection of library functions, this essential …
Becoming a Graphic and Digital Designer: A Guide to Careers in Design, 5th Edition
Begin your graphic design career now, with the guidance of industry experts Becoming a Graphic and …
A Comprehensive Guide to Project Management Schedule and Cost Control: Methods and Models for Managing the Project Lifecycle
Master all the modern project scheduling and cost control techniques you need, in one focused tutorial! …