ARE YOU READY FOR AN AMAZING NEW VERSION OF THE PHOTOSHOP BOOK
THAT BREAKS ALL THE RULES?
Scott Kelby, the best-selling Photoshop author in the world today, once again takes this book to a whole new level as he uncovers the latest, most important, and most exciting new Adobe Photoshop CS4 techniques for digital photographers. This major update to his award-winning, record-breaking book does something for digital photographers that’s never been done before—it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly “how to do it.” It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure it out on your own. Instead, Scott shows you step-by-step the exact techniques used by today’s cutting-edge digital photographers, and best of all, he shows you flat-out exactly which settings to use, when to use them, and why. That’s why the previous editions of this book are widely used as the official study guide in photography courses at colleges and universities around the world.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
Each year Scott trains thousands of professional photographers how to use Photoshop, and almost without exception they have the same questions, the same problems, and the same challenges—and that’s exactly what he covers in this book. You’ll learn:
• The sharpening techniques the pros really use.
• The pros’ tricks for fixing the most common digital photo problems fast!
• The step-by-step setup for getting what comes out of your printer to match exactly what you see onscreen.
• A whole chapter on how to process HDR (High Dynamic Range) images.
• How to master new CS4 interface and workflow features.
• How to color correct any photo without breaking a sweat.
• How to process RAW digital camera images (plus how to take advantage of all the new Camera Raw features in CS4!).
• How to add real automation to your work.
• How to show your work like a pro!
• A host of shortcuts, workarounds, and slick “insider” tricks to send your productivity through the roof!
Plus, Scott included a special bonus chapter with his own CS4 workflow, from start to finish. If you’re a digital photographer, and you’re ready to learn the “tricks of the trade”—the same ones that today’s leading pros use to correct, edit, sharpen, retouch, and present their work—then you’re holding the book that will do just that.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Other Books by Scott Kelby
- About the Author
- Five Quick Things You’ll Wish You Had Known Before Reading This Book
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. London Bridge Bridge Essentials
- Chapter 2. The Bridge Advanced Bridge Techniques
- Chapter 3. Raw Deal Camera Raw Essentials
- Chapter 4. The Next Step Camera Raw—Beyond the Basics
- Chapter 5. Show Stopper Adjusting Selected Areas
- Chapter 6. Resized Resizing and Cropping Your Images
- Chapter 7. Local Color Color Correction Secrets
- Chapter 8. Black & White World How to Create Stunning B&W Images
- Chapter 9. High Times Creating HDR (High Dynamic Range) Images
- Chapter 10. 99 Problems Dealing with Common Digital Image Problems
- Chapter 11. Special Delivery Special Effects for Photographers
- Chapter 12. Look Sharp Sharpening Techniques
- Chapter 13. Fit to Print Step-by-Step Printing and Color Management
- Chapter 14. Best in Show How to Show Your Work
- Chapter 15. Working for a Livin#8217; My Step-by-Step Workflow
- Title: The Adobe
- Release date: December 2008
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: None
You might also like
The Business Book
You can achieve your business dream. Beat the odds as you learn from the best - …
Documents, Presentations, and Workbooks: Using Microsoft® Office to Create Content That Gets Noticed
Get expert techniques and best practices for creating professional-looking documents, slide presentations, and workbooks. And apply …
Out of Our Minds, 3rd Edition
Creativity is critical. Out of Our Minds explores creativity: its value in business, its ubiquity in …
Moving the Needle: Get Clear, Get Free, and Get Going in Your Career, Business, and Life!
A detailed system that will help you achieve your professional and personal goals Moving the Needle …