Book descriptionWhether we are overwhelmed by work or school; our families or communities; caretaking for others or ourselves; or engagement in social justice, environmental advocacy, or civil service, just a few subtle shifts can help sustain us. Laura van Dernoot Lipsky, bestselling author of Trauma Stewardship, shows us how by offering concrete strategies to help us mitigate harm, cultivate our ability to be decent and equitable, and act with integrity. The Age of Overwhelm aims to help ease our burden of overwhelm, restore our perspective, and give us strength to navigate what is yet to come.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- One: What Does Overwhelm Look Like?
- Two: What Causes Overwhelm?
- Three: A Way Through: When Less Is More
- Four: Less Distraction, More Intention
- Five: Disconnect Less, Be Present More
- Six: Less Attachment, More Curiosity
- Seven: Less Depletion, More Stamina
- Eight: When to Step Away
- About the Author
- Title: The Age of Overwhelm
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781523094752
You might also like
Improve your speed reading skills
READ FASTER, LEARN MORE, ACHIEVE MORE Improve Your Speed Reading Skills and breeze through books, newspapers, …
How Finance Works
Based on a popular class taught by a Harvard Business School professor. If you're not a …
The Rules of Love, 3rd Edition
Over 70,000 copies sold - the brand new edition of the bestselling guide to better relationships.
The, Rules of Life, 4th Edition
With a stunning new look and with more new Rules than ever, get ready to experience …