The 21st century seems special in many ways. Some of the specialties are:
- The world population will reach a plateau.
- The world birthrate will reach below the replacement level.
- An average person will live for decades in the post-reproductive stage.
- The knowledge revolution, which has already ensured a smooth worldwide flow of knowledge will continue to grow at an increasing momentum.
- Greying appears as a first-time development in human history.
- Worldwide environmental pollution is increasing ominously, and will reach a critical level.
- The world has become a closed one.
- Each of the above is a first time development in human history. They will interact with each other, weaving a complex plot in the closed world. They will affect the ...