A sneak peek at up-and-coming trends in IT, a multidimensional vision for achieving business agility through agile architectures
The Agile Architecture Revolution places IT trends into the context of Enterprise Architecture, reinventing Enterprise Architecture to support continuous business transformation. It focuses on the challenges of large organizations, while placing such organizations into the broader business ecosystem that includes small and midsize organizations as well as startups.
Organizes the important trends that are facing technology in businesses and public sector organizations today and over the next several years
Presents the five broad organizing principles called Supertrends: location independence, global cubicle, democratization of technology, deep interoperability, and complex systems engineering
Provides a new perspective on service-oriented architecture in conjunction with architectural approaches to cloud computing and mobile technologies that explain how organizations can achieve better business visibility through IT and enterprise architecture
Laying out a multidimensional vision for achieving agile architectures, this book discusses the crisis points that promise sudden, transformative change, unraveling how organizations' spending on IT will continue to undergo radical change over the next ten years.
Table of Contents
- Wiley Cio Series
- Title Page
Part One: Enterprise as Complex System
- Chapter 1: Introducing Agile Architecture
Chapter 2: Shhh, Don't Tell Anyone, but Let's Talk about Service-Oriented Architecture
- Rumors of SOA's Demise...
- Thinking Outside the SOA Box
- Okay, So How Did SOA End Up Dead in the First Place?
- Services: The Core SOA Lesson
- Implementing Policy-Driven Behavior
- What's the Deal with Web Services?
- The Third Conversation
- Freeing Architecture from the Underlying Infrastructure
- Implementing SOA without an ESB
- The SOA Marketing Paradox and the Wizard of Oz
Chapter 3: Governance: The Secret to Satisfying the Business Agility Meta-Requirement
- Organizational Context for Governance
- Architecture-Driven Governance: Beyond IT Governance
- Rethinking Quality
- Introducing the Agility Model
- Meta-Policy Governance
- Interrelationships among Governance, Quality, and Management
- Four Stages of Agile Architecture Governance
- Architecture-Driven Governance and the Butterfly Effect
- Chapter 4: The Enterprise as Complex System
- Chapter 5: Agile Architecture in Practice
Part Two: The ZapThink 2020 Vision
Chapter 6: You Say You Want a Revolution...
- Five Supertrends of Enterprise IT
- Continuous Business Transformation: At the Center of ZapThink 2020
- Where's Our Deep Interoperability?
- The Crisis Points of the ZapThink 2020 Vision
- Big Data Explosion and the Christmas Day Bomber
- Stuxnet and Wikileaks: Harbingers of Cyberwar
- Cybersecurity the Agile Architecture Way
- The Generation Y Crisis Point
- Chapter 7: The Democratization of Enterprise IT
- Chapter 6: You Say You Want a Revolution...
Part Three: Implementing Agile Architecture
- Chapter 8: Deep Interoperability: Getting REST Right (Finally!)
Chapter 9: Finally, Let's Move to the Cloud
- Déjà Vu All Over Again
- Countering Vendor Spin with Architecture
- Interlude: Neutralizing the Cloud Threat
- Why Cloud Computing Scares the Platform Vendors
- Architecting beyond Cloud Computing's Horseless Carriage
- BASE Jumping in the Cloud: Rethinking Data Consistency
- Cloud Multitenancy: More than Meets the Eye
- Keys to Enterprise Public Cloud
- Why Public Clouds are More Secure than Private Clouds
- Why You Really, Truly Don't Want a Private Cloud
- Avoiding Unexpected Cloud Economics Pitfalls
- Rethinking Cloud Service Level Agreements
- Are Your Software Licenses Cloud Friendly?
- Garbage in the Cloud
- Beware Fake Clouds
- Learning the Right Lessons from the 2011 and 2012 Amazon Crashes
- Failure is the Only Option
- Cloud Configuration Management: Where the Rubber Hits the Clouds
- Clouds, SOA, REST, and State
- The Secret of a RESTful Cloud
- BPM in the Cloud: Disruptive Technology
- Cloud-Oriented Architecture and the Internet of Things
- Location Independence: The Buckaroo Banzai Effect
- Postscript: The Cloud is the Computer
- Chapter 10: Can We Do Agile Enterprise Architecture?
- List of Abbreviations
- About the Author
- Title: The Agile Architecture Revolution: How Cloud Computing, REST-Based SOA, and Mobile Computing Are Changing Enterprise IT
- Release date: February 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118417874