Ever wondered what Agile development is all about? Or are you just a little hazy on the details and wished you knew more? If so, then this course is for you. You'll learn how to write great user stories, iterate through development processes, take part in stand-ups and retrospectives, pair program and much more. You won't just cover the practices, you'll go deep into why Agile matters so that you can make smarter decisions to help you deliver valuable software as soon as possible.
The Agile Sketchpad is like having an experienced Agile coach sitting next to you. Each video is an animated sketch that builds up in front of your eyes. You literally get to see how each point fits into the bigger picture. This multi-sensory learning experience is designed for the way your brain works, so you'll learn new concepts quicker.
- See what it's like to work on an Agile team.
- Discover how Agile helps you deliver value early, respond to change and manage risk.
- Master the secrets of accurate estimation.
- Learn why programming in a pair can be more effective than programming alone.
- Explore how test-driven development, continuous integration and the ten-minute build helps you deliver better software.
- Find out how Agile techniques such as Kanban can help you identify and avoid disruptions to your development process.
- See how the five key values - communication, courage, feedback, simplicity and respect - drive everything you do in an Agile project.
Table of contents
- Agile Development Intro 00:08:23
- Agile Development - Exercise 00:02:08
- Agile Cycles 00:07:11
- Agile Cycles - Exercise 00:01:46
- User Stories 00:07:21
- User Stories - Exercise 00:03:24
- Estimating 00:13:49
- Estimating - Exercise 00:02:18
- Technical Practices 00:10:38
- Technical Practices - Exercise 00:02:01
- Pair Programming 00:09:55
- Pair Programming - Exercise 00:01:48
- Retrospectives 00:06:39
- Retrospectives - Exercise 00:02:40
- Standups 00:08:01
- Standups - Exercise 00:02:19
- Story Boards 00:10:43
- Story Boards - Exercise 00:02:13
- Agile Workspace 00:05:16
- Agile Workspace - Exercise 00:01:44
- Roles In An Agile Team 00:07:13
- Roles In An Agile Team - Exercise 00:01:46
- The Agile Manifesto 00:05:45
- Next Steps 00:01:45
- Title: The Agile Sketchpad
- Release date: May 2016
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771376099
You might also like
An Agile Crash Course: Agile Project Management and Agile Delivery
Get Agile certified and learn about the key and most important concepts and tools for Agile …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Scrum Fundamentals and Advanced
Overview Scrum Fundamentals and Advanced LiveLessons Description Scrum Fundamentals Advanced Scrum About the Instructor Tommy Norman …
Leading SAFe Scaled Agile Framework 4.5 LiveLessons
9 Hours of Video Instruction provides an in-depth exploration of version 4.5 of the Scaled Agile …