It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Batman Begins – 2005
When you have completed this chapter you will be able to:
• Understand the Single Customer View (SCV) conceptual data model
• Appreciate the benefits of the customer-centered orientation
• Specify the dimensions of customers
• Explain the benefits of customer-related analytics
• Segment customers using the RFM (Recency, Frequency, Monetary Gain) approach
• Categorize data into bands such as age band and education band
• Utilize the concepts of demographics, behavior, psychographics, ...