Are you just starting in Voiceover? Do you have some experience, but aren't getting booked? Are you a working pro who wants to expand to new areas of VO work?
The Art of Voice Acting is a must read if you are serious about a profession in voice over and looking to maximize your efforts for success in the business.
Packed with basic acting techniques in The Art of Voice Acting, you will discover
* All new scripts
* 20 more pages of new and updated information
* A completely new chapter of studio stories and 'tricks-of-the-trade' from professional voiceover talent around the world
* Updated information for voiceover demos and marketing
* A comprehensive index that makes it easy to find what you're looking for
* More voice and acting techniques
* Contributions from some of the top voice talent in the world
* Audio content with the actual audio for every script in the book, http://voiceacting.com/aovaextras/
* PLUS: exercises, demos and more!
Written in an accessible and engaging style Alburger shares his experience as a performer, producer, director and performance coach to give you a clear no nonsense introduction to the business and art of voice acting.
Table of contents
- Foreword by Beau Weaver
- 1 What Is Voice Acting?
- 2 The Best-Kept Secret
- 3 Where to Start: Voiceover Basics
- 4 The Business of Voiceover: Getting Paid to Play
- 5 Using Your Instrument
- 6 The Seven Core Elements of an Effective Performance (CD/6)
- 7 Developing Style & Technique
- 8 Voice Acting 101
- 9 Woodshedding and Script Analysis
10 The Character in the Copy
- How Will You Play the Role?
- Your Best Tool Is Your Own Personality
- Socio-cultural Awareness and RISC 3-D
- The RISC Ten Socio-cultural Cells & Your Character
- Theater of the Mind
- An Exercise for Creating Real Characters (CD/9)
- Making Your Characters Believable
- Tips for Performing All Types of Copy
- 11 Single-Voice Copy
- 12 Dialogue Copy: Doubles and Multiples
- 13 Industrials: Long-Form and Narrative Copy
- 14 Character Copy
- 15 Imaging, Promo, and Trailer
- 16 Other Types of Voi ceover Work
- 17 The Brave New World of New Media (Joe Klein)
18 Your Voiceover Demo
- Your Professional Calling Card
- Demo Rule #1: Don’t Produce Your Demo Until You Are Ready
- Demo Rule #2: Your Demo Must Accurately Represent Your Abilities
- Versatility Is Your Selling Tool
- Demo Basics
- Types of Voiceover Demos
- Producing Your Demo
- Your Demo Recording Session
- Demo Tips, Tricks, Dos, & Don’ts
- An Alphabetical Review of Voiceover Demo Categories
- 19 Your Demo Is Done, Now What?
- 20 How to Work in the Business of Voiceover
- 21 Setting Your Fees and Managing Your Business
22 Shedding Light on the Dark Side of Voiceover (Sciglimpaglia)
- Legal and Business Issues in the Voiceover Industry
- To Incorporate… or Not
- Potential Liability Issues Specific to the Voiceover Industry
- Contractual Issues and Considerations Relating to the Voiceover Industry
- Intellectual Property Issues: Copyright and Trademarks
- A Few Words on Business Insurance: Is it Really Necessary
- Tax Tips and Considerations
- Are You a Business? Or Just a Hobby?
- Final Thoughts
- 23 Your Home Studio
- 24 Auditions
- 25 You’re Hired! The Session
26 Tips, Tricks, and Studio Stories
- Beau Weaver — The Beginner’s Mind
- Mike Harrison — It Ai n’t Just Talking
- Bill Ratner — Do It Like You Talk
- Janet Ault — Leads From Biz Journals Work
- Philip Banks — The 10 Top Traps Voice Overists Love to Put their Feet in …and the Real–world Truth You Need to Know
- Sylvia Aimerito — What’s the Big Deal?
- Bettye Zoller — It Used to Be So Easy: Wearing two Hats
- Paul M. Diaz — Caring Makes a Difference!
- Marc Cashman — Coloring Our Words
- David Kersten — On Getting Paid
- Jeffrey Kafer — Do Your Voiceover Clients Know What Kind of Salsa They Want?
- Amy Taylor — The Announcer Vortex
- Dan Hurst — SHUT UP, Already!!!
- Michael Minetree — Timing Is Everything!
- Maxine Dunn — The Importance of Marketing Materials
- Connie Terwilliger — Auditioning in The 2000s
- Beverly Bremers — Helping Hands
- Penny Abshire — If You Think You Can… or You Can’t…You’re Right!
- Title: The Art of Voice Acting, 4th Edition
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9781136123412
You might also like
Planning Smarter: Creating Blueprint-Quality Software Specifications
Software planning and specification development: no fluff—just results! Create better specifications-with less complexity, and less work! …
Learning Salesforce Lightning Application Development
Build, design, and style beautiful and informative applications on the Salesforce Lightning platform Key Features Build …
Global Scriptwriting offers a look at an exciting new phase in screen storytelling, as writers and …
Recording Tips for Engineers, 4th Edition
Recording Tips for Engineers, Fourth Edition provides the knowledge needed to become a proficient audio engineer. …