Master the fundamentals of Android Studio, Android app development, and the Kotlin programming language
About This Video
- A complete practical course to master Android application development
- Create 6 full-fledge applications as well as many more "learning" applications throughout the course
- Learn to code in Kotlin, Google's official language for Android application development
The Art of Doing: Dive into Android development with Kotlin is a course that takes the time to lay a foundation and build upon it. We won't just get Android Studio installed and rush through all it does for us in creating a project. Instead, we will walk through each file created and the given starter code, so you feel like you are in control of the applications you are writing! We'll continue on this trend of fully explaining and gaining a mastery level of understanding of concepts as we explore various views, layout styles, view and data binding, fragments and navigation, and lastly MVVM architecture.
In this course, we will walk through, step by step, how to design the layout and the functionality of unique, engaging, and purposeful apps. Together, we will work through 15 sections of this course. Each section will highlight concepts and ideas, explaining every step along the way and answering any questions you might have.
By the end of this course, you will be coming up with your own app ideas and feel confident enough in your abilities to create them.
This course is designed for beginner Android students looking to understand Android application development with Kotlin.
One must have a basic understanding of computer programming principles such as variables, conditionals, loops, and functions as these won’t be covered. Also, have a computer capable of running Android Studio or the Android Emulator or a physical Android device for testing.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Installation and Setup
- Chapter 2 : Exploring the Basics of Android Studio
- Chapter 3 : The Linear Layout: A First Look
- Chapter 4 : Motivate Me App
- Chapter 5 : Counter App
- Chapter 6 : The Constraint Layout: A First Look
- Chapter 7 : Coin Flip App
- Chapter 8 : Diaper Tracker App
- Chapter 9 : Using onSaveInstanceState
- Chapter 10 : View Binding
- Chapter 11 : Data Binding
- Chapter 12 : Fragments and Navigation: A First Look
- Chapter 13 : Score Keeper App
- Chapter 14 : View Models and Live Data: A First Look
- Chapter 15 : Click! The App
- Chapter 16 : Thank You!
- Title: The Art of Doing: Dive Into Android Development with Kotlin
- Release date: September 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781803241739
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …