Leading in the Public Sector
In This Chapter
- How to ensure effective leadership in the public sector by understanding the people and the organization.
- How to recognize and use the power leaders already have.
- Effective meeting management by getting people out of the room.
- How to implement the elevator diplomacy concept.
- How to make decisions easier for senior leaders.
Leaders must be effective, for if they are not they cannot call themselves leaders. This is true in the public sector as well as in private industry or any other organization. In fact, given the potential burden of red tape and bureaucracy, effectiveness ...