Book descriptionThis is the only money guide you'll ever need
That's a bold claim, given there are already thousands of finance books on the shelves.
So what makes this one different?
Well, you won't be overwhelmed with a bunch of 'tips' … or a strict budget (that you won't follow).
You'll get a step-by-step formula: open this account, then do this; call this person, and say this; invest money here, and not there. All with a glass of wine in your hand.
This book will show you how to create an entire financial plan that is so simple you can sketch it on the back of a serviette … and you'll be able to manage your money in 10 minutes a week.
You'll also get the skinny on:
- Saving up a six-figure house deposit in 20 months
- Doubling your income using the 'Trapeze Strategy'
- Saving $78,173 on your mortgage and wiping out 7 years of payments
- Finding a financial advisor who won't rip you off
- Handing your kids (or grandkids) a $140,000 cheque on their 21st birthday
- Why you don't need $1 million to retire … with the 'Donald Bradman Retirement Strategy'
Sound too good to be true? It's not.
This book is full of stories from everyday Aussies — single people, young families, empty nesters, retirees — who have applied the simple steps in this book and achieved amazing, life-changing results.
And you're next.
Table of contents
- About the author
- Prelude: Living Barefoot
- The alpaca attitude
Part 1: Plant
Step 1: Schedule a Monthly Barefoot Date Night
- Money talk is better with garlic bread and wine
- Barefoot banking
- The world's cheapest super fund
- Your insurance sorted in one beer
- How to live like a multimillionaire right now
- Step 2: Set Up Your Buckets
Step 3: Domino Your Debts
- Removing the brainwashing
- Domino your debts (except your HECS-HELP and your home)
- Recap of Part 1: Plant
- Step 1: Schedule a Monthly Barefoot Date Night
Part 2: Grow
- How to double your income
Step 4: Buy Your Home
How to buy your home in 20 months
- Yes, housing is ridiculously expensive
- Is rent money dead money?
- Mistake #1: They're waiting for a crash
- Mistake #2: They buy a home they can't afford
- Mistake #3: They buy an investment property first
- Mistake #4: They rent but forget to save
- Mistake #5: They don't consider other options
- How to save for a deposit
- Home is where your heart is
- How we bought our family home
- How to buy your home in 20 months
Step 5: Supercharge Your Wealth
- Should I buy an investment property?
- Your Golden Ticket — becoming an investor
- The automatic millionaire — how to put your investing on autopilot
- How to be a hero — investing for your kids (or grandkids)
- Step 6: Boost Your Mojo to Three Months
Part 3: Harvest
Step 7: Get the Banker off Your Back
- The curious case of the postcode povvos
- How to save $77 641 and wipe almost seven years off your mortgage
Step 8: Nail Your Retirement Number
The Donald Bradman Retirement Strategy — why you don't need $1 million to retire
- Give us a hand, cobber
- Fear and loathing
- You do not need a million dollars in super to retire
- What your retirement will look like
- Introducing the Donald Bradman Retirement Strategy
- You'll never, ever, run out of money
- The three-bucket retirement solution
- Where will you get three years of pension payments for Mojo?
- Finding your financial advisor on Tinder
- It's not about you — a gift for your family
- The Donald Bradman Retirement Strategy — why you don't need $1 million to retire
- Step 9: Leave a Legacy
- Step 7: Get the Banker off Your Back
- Freedom starts today — you don't have to wait ...
- We'll meet again
- Are You Ready to Take the Next Step?
- Title: The Barefoot Investor
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780730324218
You might also like
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but this often means you aren’t using everything it …
Happy Retirement: The Psychology of Reinvention
A practical, fully illustrated guide to planning and enjoying retirement, grounded in psychological research. Retirement can …
Learning Amazon Web Services (AWS): A Hands-On Guide to the Fundamentals of AWS Cloud
The Practical, Foundational Technical Introduction to the World's #1 Cloud Platform Includes access to several hours …