The Basics of Cyber Warfare provides readers with fundamental knowledge of cyber war in both theoretical and practical aspects. This book explores the principles of cyber warfare, including military and cyber doctrine, social engineering, and offensive and defensive tools, tactics and procedures, including computer network exploitation (CNE), attack (CNA) and defense (CND).
Readers learn the basics of how to defend against espionage, hacking, insider threats, state-sponsored attacks, and non-state actors (such as organized criminals and terrorists). Finally, the book looks ahead to emerging aspects of cyber security technology and trends, including cloud computing, mobile devices, biometrics and nanotechnology.
The Basics of Cyber Warfare gives readers a concise overview of these threats and outlines the ethics, laws and consequences of cyber warfare. It is a valuable resource for policy makers, CEOs and CIOs, penetration testers, security administrators, and students and instructors in information security.
- Provides a sound understanding of the tools and tactics used in cyber warfare.
- Describes both offensive and defensive tactics from an insider's point of view.
- Presents doctrine and hands-on techniques to understand as cyber warfare evolves with technology.
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Title page
- Table of Contents
- Author Biography
- Chapter 1. Cyber Threatscape
- Chapter 2. Cyberspace Battlefield Operations
- Chapter 3. Cyber Doctrine
- Chapter 4. Tools and Techniques
- Chapter 5. Offensive Tactics and Procedures
- Chapter 6. Psychological Weapons
- Chapter 7. Defensive Tactics and Procedures
- Chapter 8. Challenges We Face
- Chapter 9. Where is Cyber Warfare Headed?
- Title: The Basics of Cyber Warfare
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Syngress
- ISBN: 9780124051812
You might also like
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst CySA+ (CS0-001)
Over 21 hours of deep-dive training covering every objective in the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst CySA+ (CS0-001) …
Cyber Warfare Techniques, Tactics and Tools for Security Practitioners provides a comprehensive look at how and …
Threat Modeling: Designing for Security
Adam Shostack is responsible for security development lifecycle threat modeling at Microsoft and is one of …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …