Chapter 10. Configuring Windows Server Hyper-V and Virtual Machines
Solutions in this chapter:
- Configuring Virtual Machines
- Migrating from Physical to Virtual Machines
- Backing Up Virtual Machines
- Virtual Server Optimization
- Solutions Fast Track
- Frequently Asked Questions
In past versions of Windows Server, Virtual PC and Virtual Server were utilized to run multiple operating systems on the same computer. Windows Server 2008 provides you with very useful and powerful methods of running multiple virtualized operating systems that you must be familiar with. One of these new features is Hyper-V, a powerful new role that we will explain further in this chapter.
In this chapter, we will discuss Hyper-V as well as how to configure ...