Which companies have adopted technologies such as Hadoop and Spark, as well as data science in general? And which industries are lagging behind? This O’Reilly report provides the results of a unique, data-driven analysis of the market for big data products and technologies.
Using eye-catching charts and visualizations, Spiderbook cofounder Aman Naimat highlights some surprising results from the analysis, such as:
- The relatively small number of companies using big data in production
- Industries that have embraced big data the most—and the least
- The amount of money spent on various big data use cases
- How many companies actually use “fast data”
The results also reveal the geographical locations where companies have been quick to adopt big data, as well as the types of teams that use big data technology.
In addition, Naimat takes you through the analysis process with Spiderbook’s graph-based machine-learning model. The company analyzed billions of publicly available documents, canvassed more than 500,000 companies, and searched the entire business internet to compile the most comprehensive results possible.
Table of contents
1. The Big Data Market
- Big Data in the Real World
- Hadoop Usage and Big Data Adoption
- Use Cases for Big Data Technologies
- Fast Data Is Moving Fast
- The Need for Data Scientists Is Exploding
- The Future of the Big Data Market
- Title: The Big Data Market
- Release date: July 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491959909
You might also like
Spark: The Definitive Guide
Learn how to use, deploy, and maintain Apache Spark with this comprehensive guide, written by the …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Kubernetes in Action
Kubernetes in Action teaches you to use Kubernetes to deploy container-based distributed applications. You'll start with …
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (SAA-C02)
6+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (SAA-C02) Complete Video …