The 55 steps (a personal journey to success)
(A simplified summary of the key steps taken by John Piper to get where he is today.)
1. We are intrigued by the market and start to do some preliminary reading and research.
2. We buy a book or two and perhaps some newsletters.
3. We find something we quite like and start doing some research using this particular technique.
4. We dabble a bit in the market, trading every now and then, often winning in the early days, but not much.
5. We generally forget about the losers and congratulate ourselves on our winners. Convincing ourselves that once we learn the techniques better there will be fewer of the former and more, lots more, of the latter.
6. We keep manual charts, which may become quite large ...