Being of critical strategic importance, the same degree of board and management team consensus and support is required here as for any major new strategic imperative. This book is, therefore, the best place to start – communicating the reasons for developing the new framework to your colleagues, and presenting the framework itself and the accompanying manifold implications. The accompanying website may also prove useful.
You may then wish to embark on a feasibility study, just as you would for any other initiative. The study will aim to:
- Document the current situation as pertaining to the consistency and coherence or otherwise with which your organization deals with the Six Influence Flows today.
- Describe the characteristics of the likely manifestation of the Influence Scorecard in your particular circumstances.
- Qualify and quantify the most significant benefits a transition to the Influence Scorecard should facilitate in your pursuit of your organization’s vision.
- Qualify and quantify the most significant obstacles to making the transition successfully, including both hard and soft factors.
- Outline the project plan required to make the transition, identifying the resources required, the dependencies and the timeline.