Introduction to Taylor Polynomials, Taylor Series, and Power Series
We now come to the important topics of power series and Taylor polynomials and series. In this chapter, we’ll see a general overview of these topics. The following two chapters will deal with problem-solving techniques in the context of the material in this chapter. Here’s what we’ll look at first:
• approximations, Taylor polynomials, and a Taylor approximation theorem;
• how good our approximations are, and the full Taylor Theorem;
• the definition of power series;
• the definition of Taylor series and Maclaurin series; and
• convergence issues involving Taylor series.
Here’s a nice fact: for ...