You have a responsibility to safeguard the information you hold on behalf of your customers. Adopting the ISO 27001 standard will protect the reputation of your company and safeguard its achievements.
Table of contents
- About the author
- 1. Information Economy, Intellectual Capital
- 2. Information, It and Competitiveness
- 3. Information Threats
- 4. Insecurity Impacts
- 5. ‘Traditional’ Threats
- 6. Information Risk in Large Organizations
- 7. Organized Crime
- 8. Terrorism
- 9. Evolving Threat Environment
- 10. Regulatory Compliance
11. Data Protection and Privacy
- Executive summary
Privacy and Data Protection
- OECD Guidelines
- EU Regulation
- UK Regulation
- US Regulation
- APEC regulation
- ISO 27001
- 12. Anti-Spam Legislation
- 13. Computer Misuse Legislation
- 14. Human Rights
- 15. Record Retention and Destruction
- 16. Information Security Governance
- 17. Benefits of an ISO 27001 ISMS
- 18. ISO 27001 in the Public Sector
19. Is ISO 27001 for You?
- Executive summary
- Do you have information that you rely on or which needs to be kept confidential?
- Do you collect personal information (eg from customers or employees)?
- Does your business rely on information technology for its daily activities?
- Do your customers, suppliers or partners need confidence in your information handling and privacy protection measures?
- Can you afford reputation damage, commercial and punitive losses, business interruption and loss or corruption of confidential information?
- Is ISO 27001 the answer?
- 20. How do you go About ISO 27001?
- 21. Selection of a Certification Body
- ISO 27001 – Past, Present and Future
- Useful websites
- Title: The Case for ISO 27001
- Release date: October 2005
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781905356133
You might also like
Operational Risk Management
The Authoritative Guide to the Best Practices in Operational Risk Management Operational Risk Management offers a …
The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK Reference, 5th Edition
The only official, comprehensive reference guide to the CISSP All new for 2019 and beyond, this …
CRISC Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control All-in-One Exam Guide
An all-new exam guide for the industry-standard information technology risk certification, Certified in Risk and Information …
In Penetration Testing, security researcher and trainer Georgia Weidman provides you with a survey of important …