Imagine being able to make a positive and lasting impression wherever you go…
We all know people who have charisma. They exude confidence and charm, and connect effortlessly with those around them. With ease, they gain trust, agreement and admiration.
Want to have it too?
The Charisma Effect reveals how. Learn to generate your own personal palette of impact skills, establish a rapport with everyone you meet and convey gravitas wherever you go. Find out how to harness the powerful effects of charisma to improve all aspects of your life.
Table of Contents
- Prentice Hall LIFE
- About the author
- Publisher’s acknowledgements
- Introduction: unravelling charisma
- 1. Aim: Discover and clarify your real purpose
2. Be yourself: The seven Charisma Effect behaviours
- 2. Fluency
- 3. Confidence
- 4. Presence
- 5. Authenticity
- 6. Courage
- 7. Passion
- Your wardrobe
- Getting help
- The social sins
- Personal grooming
3. Chemistry: Create that special attraction
- 9. Chemistry: the need for A-I-R
- 10. Chemistry: Attention
11. Chemistry: Interdependence
- How can I be sure I am satisfying this person?
- At this moment what does this person need?
- What is not being said that could be important?
- What strong feelings do I detect in others and in myself?
- Principle 1: Accept and build
- Principle 2: Make the other person look good
- Principle 3: Reciprocity
- Principle 4: Avoid making the other person wrong
- Principle 5: Name it
- Interdependence is a creative process
- 12. Chemistry: Rapport
- 4. Putting it all together
- Title: The Charisma Effect: How to Make a Powerful and Lasting Impression
- Release date: January 2009
- Publisher(s): PH Professional Business
- ISBN: 9780131370227