This is the future. Join the revolution. Transform your organization the Cleveland Clinic way.
"One of the best healthcare systems in the world."
President Barack Obama
American healthcare is in crisis. It doesn't have to be.The Cleveland Clinic Way is a blueprint for fixing what's wrong with healthcare—and is a must-read for every leader seeking to transform his or her organization.
There's a revolution going on right now. On the frontiers of medicine, some doctors have developed an approach for treating people that is more effective, more humane, and more affordable. It's an approach to healthcare that has captured the attention of the media and business elite--and the President of the United States.
It's all happening at Cleveland Clinic, one of the most innovative, forward-looking medical institutions in the nation.
In this groundbreaking book, the man who leads this global organization, Toby Cosgrove, MD, reveals how the Clinic works so well and argues persuasively for why it should be the model for the nation. He details how Cleveland Clinic focuses on the eight key trends that are shaping the future of medicine. Readers will learn:
- Why group practices provide not only better--but cheaper--care
- Why collaborative medicine is more effective
- How big data can be harnessed to improve the quality of care and lower costs
- How cooperative practices can be the wellspring of innovation
- Why empathy is crucial to better patient outcomes
- Why wellness of both mind and body depends on healthcare, not sickcare
- How care is best provided in different settings for greater comfort and value
- How tailor-made care treats a person instead of a disease
At its core is Cleveland Clinic's emphasis on patient care and patient experience.
A refreshingly positive and practical vision of healthcare, The Cleveland Clinic Way is essential reading for healthcare and business executives, medical professionals, industry analysts, and policymakers. It gives leaders lessons they can apply to their own organizations to achieve results and empowers average Americans to make more informed healthcare decisions.
PRAISE FOR THE CLEVELAND CLINIC WAY
"A brilliant doctor and leader lays out practical and thought-provoking prescriptions for America's healthcare future. A must-read." -- Jack Welch, former Chairman and CEO of General Electric Company
"The Cleveland Clinic Way is what the healthcare system in this country needs: honesty about the challenges, optimism about our ability to address them, and a focus on solutions. A must-read for healthcare leaders, it's written in clear, inclusive language that makes it just as valuable for the rest of us." -- John Chambers, Chairman and CEO of Cisco
"A pioneer in American healthcare, Toby Cosgrove shows just how the diligence and innovative thinking behind Cleveland Clinic has helped solve fundamental problems most other places barely touch. There are lessons here for everyone--patient, physician, and policymaker alike." -- Atul Gawande, MD, professor at Harvard Medical School and bestselling author of The Checklist Manifesto
"Toby Cosgrove frames the eight important trends that will transform the U.S. healthcare system. The Cleveland Clinic Way is a good road map for those who want to make the U.S. healthcare system better." -- Jeffrey Immelt, Chairman and CEO of General Electric Company
Table of contents
- Open 00:00:26
- Preface 00:08:50
- Chapter 1: Group Practices Provide Better--and Cheaper--Care 00:52:46
- Chapter 2: Collaborative Care is More Effective 00:54:42
- Chapter 3: Care Should Be Monitored and Recorded for Quality 00:52:50
- Chapter 4: Twenty-First-Century Care Should Be Innovative 1:00:10
- Chapter 5: Care Should Be a Healing Experience for Body and Mind 00:46:04
- Chapter 6: Wellness Depends on Healthcare, Not Sick Care 00:36:25
- Chapter 7: Care Should Take Place in Different Settings for Comfort and Value 00:42:46
- Chapter 8: Care Should Be Tailor-Made for You 00:39:15
- Conclusion: Toward a Healthier Future 00:09:17
- Close 00:04:00
- Title: The Cleveland Clinic Way: Lessons in Excellence from One of the World's Leading Health Care Organizations (Audio Book)
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071833295
You might also like
Stop Talking, Start Communicating: Counterintuitive Secrets to Success in Business and in Life, with a foreword by Martha Mendoza (Audio Book)
With startling insights and a dash of humor, Stop Talking, Start Communicating combines scientific research with …
Conversation Transformation: Recognize and Overcome the 6 Most Destructive Communication Patterns (Audio Book)
One of the New York Post's Top 10 Best Career Books of 2012 Repair communication breakdowns …
Think on Your Feet: Tips and Tricks to Improve Your Impromptu Communication Skills on the Job (Audio Book)
An engaging guide to developing the mental agility to make you a bolder, better, more confident …
What to Say When Things Get Tough: Business Communication Strategies for Winning People Over When They're Angry, Worried and Suspicious of Everything You Say (Audio Book)
BREAK THROUGH ANYONE'S ANGER AND WIN THEIR TRUST IN CRISES LARGE AND SMALL Leonard S. Greenberger …