Book descriptionLearn everything that makes command line clients such as Git and npm so successful, and how to compose the best on your own. This book is your concise step-by-step guide to writing command line clients with Node.js.
You'll start by discovering what is needed for a successful command line client and develop a solid foundation for practical skill. Next you will build an application based on learned principles in Node.js. The sometimes-puzzling world of streaming is fully explained with practical examples, as well as unit testing and integration testing. Lastly you'll explore a full range of tips and tricks designed to make the daily life of a software maintainer easier.
The Node.js ecosystem provides support for writing command line clients and has a thriving, very active community. With this book as your guide, you'll become a successful creator of your own command line clients. Make an impact in the areas you really care about using The CLI Book.
What You'll Learn
- Become a successful creator of your own command line clients and make an impact
- Set your command line tool apart from others
- Prioritize user experience
- Employ best practices to structure and architect your own clients
- Apply tips and tricks collected from years of developing with Node.js
Who This Book Is For
- Title: The CLI Book: Writing Successful Command Line Interfaces with Node.js
- Release date: November 2017
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484231777
You might also like
Summary More than ever, the web is a universal platform for all types of applications, and …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Node.js 8 the Right Way
Node.js is the platform of choice for creating modern web services. This fast-paced book gets you …