Coaching as a field has mushroomed in recent years. Thousands of new coaches enter the field after only completing short and superficial training programmes. The problem with this is that coaching is not i) something you can simply learn in a short programme ii) a superficial practice.
The books available on coaching tend to just reinforce this by going over coaching methodology, without delving into what it really means to be a coach. The Coaching Secret remedies this by going beneath the surface, looking at what it really means to be a coach and showing how you can go from simply understanding the basic coaching process to truly connecting and relating to the client - and becoming a master coach.
The author brings over 20 years of coaching practice in big corporations to help you move beyond the novice/superficial coach to becoming an expert/master coach. He brings together experience, theory, case studies and lots of interactive work to essentially coach the coach and help them achieve a superior coaching level.
Key reader outcomes
- Practical assistance to become a better coach moving from novice to expert to master.
- Increased confidence in your personal coaching competence.
- Greater clarity to the value of the coaching relationship and how we coach.
- New perspectives on coaching methods.
- To answer for yourself some of the crucial questions of the coach including: Who is the coach? How do you coach? And why do you coach?
- To deepen your understanding of coaching and to demystify the inner process through which we develop our competency and practice.
- To awaken the coach to discover new ways of seeing, thinking, sensing, resolving and relating.
- To progress the profession in offering a new vision of coaching that recognises and evolves the role of the coach.
Table of contents
- About the author
- 1 What is coaching?
- 2 Why we coach
- 3 The vision of the coach
- 4 The essential instruments
- 5 Super-vision
- 6 Discovering the masterful coach
- 7 The roles of the coach
- 8 Being and becoming masterful
- 9 Seeds of learning
- 10 Conclusion
- Suggested Reading
- Title: The Coaching Secret
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Pearson Business
- ISBN: 9780273745297
You might also like
Secrets of Success in Coaching
Secrets of Success in Coaching will bring a breath of fresh air to a subject dominated …
How to Coach Individuals, Teams, and Organizations to Master Transformational Change
Transformational coaching by a person who has personally experienced transformation and has mastered a specific coaching …
The Leadership Coaching Sourcebook: A Guide to the Executive Coaching Literature
Executive coaching is an increasingly popular means for developing organizational leaders. This sourcebook provides a resource …
10 Steps to Successful Coaching
Coaching skills are becoming critical management competencies as organizations prepare a new generation of leaders, using …