Learn how to program using Apache Groovy.
About This Video
- Covered topics are in-depth and very easy to follow for anyone with some prior Java experience.
- This course builds a good baseline for development in Groovy. The less technical background lectures promote a deeper understanding of Groovy as a language.
Are you looking to learn a new language? Learning a new language helps expand your skillset as a developer and make you more marketable to employers. If you aren't learning a new language because it's not the one you use at work, the author thinks you are missing out on the benefits. He often finds that seeing how other languages solve problems makes me a better developer with the languages he uses on a day to day basis. He is here to tell you all about an awesome dynamic language called Apache Groovy.
What is Apache Groovy?
Apache Groovy is a powerful, optionally typed and dynamic language, with static-typing and static compilation capabilities for the Java platform, aimed at improving developer productivity thanks to a concise, familiar and easy to learn syntax. It integrates smoothly with any Java program and immediately delivers to your application powerful features, including scripting capabilities, Domain-Specific Language authoring, runtime, and compile-time meta-programming and functional programming.
Who Should Learn Apache Groovy?
He is going to teach you everything you need to know to start using the Groovy programming language. This course is really designed for 2 different types of people and he think's you will both benefit from it. If you’re a beginner programmer with a some experience in another language like Python or Ruby, this course is for you. Dynamic languages are generally thought of as easier for total beginners to learn because they’re flexible and fun. If you’re an existing Java Developer (Beginner or Experienced), this course is also for you. You will learn Groovy compliments the Java language and makes some of the complex tasks from Java concise and easy.
Enroll Today! He has spent a lot of time putting together what he think's is the most complete course on Groovy on the market today. Please take the time to watch the preview videos and if you like what you see, click that enroll button and the author will see you inside!
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
Chapter 2 : Getting Started
- Intro 00:01:03
- Installing the Java JDK on Windows 00:05:35
- Installing the Java JDK on Mac OSX 00:03:37
- Installing Groovy on Windows 00:04:44
- SDKMAN 00:06:30
- groovysh 00:06:06
- groovyc 00:07:41
- Groovy Console 00:10:30
- Hello, IntelliJ 00:08:03
- [Exercise Review] 3 ways to Hello, Groovy 00:04:08
- From Java to Groovy 00:09:28
Chapter 3 : Groovy Basics
- Intro 00:01:54
- Imports 00:04:10
- Keywords 00:04:04
- Comments 00:07:15
- Assertions 00:05:18
- Scripts 00:02:49
- Classes 00:09:28
- [Exercise Review] Create your own Class 00:12:30
- Numbers 00:03:29
- Groovy Control Structure 00:14:15
- Annotations & AST Transformations 00:10:02
- [Exercise Review] Using AST Transformations 00:07:30
- Operators 00:07:41
- Grapes 00:06:25
- Chapter 4 : Simple Data Types
- Chapter 5 : Collections
- Chapter 6 : Closures
- Chapter 7 : Control Structures
- Chapter 8 : Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Chapter 9 : Runtime MetaProgramming
- Chapter 10 : Compile Time MetaProgramming
- Chapter 11 : Working with Builders
- Chapter 12 : Working with REST Services
- Chapter 13 : Working with the GDK
- Chapter 14 : Bonus
Chapter 15 : Conclusion
- Thank You! 00:00:46
- Title: The Complete Apache Groovy Developer Course
- Release date: October 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839217876
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Docker, Dockerfile, and Docker-Compose (2020 Ready!)
Get to grips with Docker, containers versus images, and more by learning through a hands-on approach …
Learn how to implement Gradle, the Groovy-based build automation system that can help you build and …
Developing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform LiveLessons
4+ Hours of Video Instruction Overview Cloud computing has revolutionized the IT industry over the past …